In order to qualify for a summer internship you must:
1. Be a current Junior or Senior
2. Have a valid Driver's License or ID
3. Have access to reliable transportation
4. Have a checking account in YOUR NAME before starting work.
4. Have a resume. See Mr. Davis if you need help with your resume.
5. After applying, you MUST attend the Mock Interviews at a date that will be later determined.
2021 Internship Timeline
February 19: Job Descriptions Posted on School Website
Feb. 22 - Mar 21: Online Application opens to students to apply
March 8 - 12: Internship Parent/Student Informational Meeting
March 15 - 19: Student Professional Business Training Seminar
March 24: Community Mock Interviews
March 29 - April 16: Interview with a potential employer (you will receive your interview date/time from Mr. Davis if the employer selects you to interview)
April 23: Am I Hired? (This is the day students will find out if they are chosen for the internship)
May 7: Internship Connect Day for students chosen for an internship
June 7-July 2: Internship Work Days
The City of Mobile is offering internships in various fields with over 350 job openings!
Click on the STEP Flyer 2021 for additional information to apply!
STEP Internship Information
2021 Summer Youth Employment Internship Program of Mobile County is offering internships for students who will be 18 this summer.